Thank you for your continued support. To keep daily operations running, consider donating to Soul Anatomy.
By Brianna Wiest
Suffering is what happens when we assume that our emotions and lives are being controlled by outside forces. It is what happens when we allow them to be controlled by outside forces.
Most people suffer not because they don’t know how to “choose happiness,” but because they don’t know how to choose creativity; how to use their current circumstance to their advantage, to see the growth potential in their challenges. To see the purpose of their pain.
1. “They say faith is taking the first step when you can’t see the whole staircase. Actually, wisdom is seeing the elevator behind it that would have taken you to the top floor.” ― Shannon L. Alder
2. “Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter. It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place. It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.” ― Jalaluddin Rumi
3. “If the point of life is the same as the point of a story, the point of life is character transformation. If I got any comfort as I set out on my first story, it was that in nearly every story, the protagonist is transformed. He’s a jerk at the beginning and nice at the end, or a coward at the beginning and brave at the end. If the character doesn’t change, the story hasn’t happened yet. And if story is derived from real life, if story is just condensed version of life then life itself may be designed to change us so that we evolve from one kind of person to another. ” ― Donald Miller
4. “We are all butterflies. Earth is our chrysalis.” ― LeeAnn Taylor
5. “It is not until you change your identity to match your life blueprint that you will understand why everything in the past never worked.” ― Shannon L. Alder
6. “When you become the image of your own imagination, it’s the most powerful thing you could ever do.” ― RuPaul
7. “The Universe is not punishing you or blessing you, the Universe is responding to the vibrational attitude that you are emitting.” ― Abraham Hicks
8. “If someone is not receiving what they are asking for, it is not because there is a shortage of resources; it can only be that the person holding the desire is out of alignment with their own request. There is no shortage. There is no lack. There is no competition for resources. There is only the allowing or the disallowing of that which you are asking for.”― Esther Hicks
9. “Manifesting is a lot like making a cake. The things needed are supplied by you, the mixing is done by your mind and the baking is done in the oven of the universe.” ― Stephen Richards
10. “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
11. “Only you can take inner freedom away from yourself, or give it to yourself. Nobody else can.” ― Michael A. Singer
12. “Attention energizes, and intention transforms. Whatever you put your attention on will grow stronger in your life. Whatever you take your attention away from will wither, disintegrate, and disappear.” ― Deepak Chopra
13. “Do whatever brings you to life, then. Follow your own fascinations, obsessions, and compulsions. Trust them. Create whatever causes a revolution in your heart.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
14. “Make your own Bible. Select and collect all the words and sentences that in all your readings have been to you like the blast of a trumpet.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.” ― Anne Lamott
16. “The impediment to action advances action, what stands in the way becomes the way.” ― Marcus Aurelius
17. “If you obsess over whether you are making the right decision, you are basically assuming that the universe will reward you for one thing and punish you for another.
The universe has no fixed agenda. Once you make any decision, it works around that decision. There is no right or wrong, only a series of possibilities that shift with each thought, feeling, and action that you experience.
If this sounds too mystical, refer again to the body. Every significant vital sign- body temperature, heart rate, oxygen consumption, hormone level, brain activity, and so on- alters the moment you decide to do anything… decisions are signals telling your body, mind, and environment to move in a certain direction.”
― Deepak Chopra
Love this? Want more? Like Soul Anatomy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Read this next:
- On The Nature Of Multi-Potentiality, and Why Nobody Has "One True Calling"
- How Depression Actually Helped Me Develop A Deep Appreciation For Life
- How My Mental And Physical Illnesses Showed Me The Interconnectedness Of Body And Mind