Thank you for your continued support. To keep daily operations running, consider donating to Soul Anatomy.
By Brianna Wiest
1. When things aren’t adding up, start subtracting. Problems are complicated, but solutions are always simple.
2. Don’t make decisions based on advice you receive from people who don’t have to deal with the results.
3. When someone hurts you, make an effort to understand them rather than mindlessly try to hurt them back. This is the ultimate sign of maturity.
4. Before you speak, listen; before you react, think; before you spend, earn.
5. The quality of your life ultimately amounts to how you feel about it, not what you can quantify. Make time for the things that make your heart open, even if they also make you feel weird or uncool or like you’re not doing what you “should” be.
6. Don’t assume you’ll never get over something you probably also thought would last forever.
7. Work is work. You’re not supposed to love it all the time. It’s not supposed to be comfortable all the time.
8. Being afraid of something usually means you actually want it. Being in pain because of something is usually indication that you don’t. There’s a difference.
9. You cannot control what other people think of you, no matter how much you want to believe that you can by speaking, dressing or behaving differently.
10. The happier you are with a decision, the less you need other people to be.
11. You either have many breakups or many little love stories. You either have pain that you suffer through or pain that you learn from. Your perception dictates the quality of your life.
12. What hurts you is not what happens, but what you think it means.
13. Worrying about things going wrong is not the way to make them go right. Strategizing, thinking, planning and taking action is.
14. Mind your thoughts when you’re alone, mind your words when you’re with others.
15. Falling apart is usually an opportunity to rebuild yourself the way you’ve always wanted to.
16. Nothing is meant to hurt you, everything is meant to teach you. When you don’t learn the lesson, it only intensifies.
17. If someone isn’t allowed in your house, don’t allow them in your head.
18. It’s not your job to determine who is worthy of your kindness. It is only your job to be kind.
Love this? Want more? Like Soul Anatomy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Read this next:
- Let Us Be The Redeemers – Of Nature And Of Ourselves
- There Are Healing Seeds Hidden Within Our Sadness
- 8 Struggles Of Always Feeling Older Than You Are